Via House Bill 562, as of September 15, 2019, New Hampshire will enforce the 2015 editions of ICC codes, including:
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2015 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
The International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (2015 edition) is now also adopted by New Hampshire as part of this code adoption cycle.
These codes replace the previously-adopted 2009 editions. There is no grace period to continue using the 2009 codes except through special approval. Similar to previous code adoptions, there are a number of unique state amendments which are located here: https://www.nh.gov/safety/boardsandcommissions/bldgcode/bldgexhibits.html
There are many changes between the 2009 and 2015 editions of the codes of which designers, builders, owners, and AHJs need to be aware. If you are interested to learn more about the code changes or implications on your project(s), please reach out to us.