COLLABORATE, RESUME BUILD, CONNECT
Are you a student currently enrolled in an engineering program? Are you intrigued in career opportunities as a life safety and fire protection consultant? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then you should apply to Code Red Consultants’ (CRC) 3rd Annual Emerging Talent “Winternship” being offered during the 2024 Winter break! This professional development program will afford you an opportunity to expand your network, strengthen your resume, and further appreciate this exciting field.
The Code Red Consultants Emerging Talent Winternship is a 3-day commitment taking place during the Winter Break at our office in Southborough, MA. Each day will be filled with learning opportunities, mentoring sessions, and an introduction to sample project work all related to the field of Life Safety Consulting and Fire Protection Engineering.
Each day, you will receive introductions to our various service offerings – including code consulting, design, and field services instructed by Worcester Polytechnic Institute & University of New Haven alumni. These service introductions will be reinforced through project work. Our Consultants will oversee project work sessions to provide technical guidance and mentoring. Throughout the 3-days, professional development sessions on resume writing, career development, Engineer in Training (EIT) exam, and summer internships at CRC will also be offered.
**This is an unpaid opportunity. Catered lunch will be provided.**
The majority of our 40+ person staff are passionate Fire Protection Engineers excited to share their experiences with driven students who are wondering if this career may be a fit for them. If interested, please click the link below to inquire!
Kindly let us know:
- What is your undergraduate graduation date and at which University? Resume’s welcome.
- What is your major(s)?
- Are you are interested in Fire Protection Engineering or Life Safety Consulting? Please explain what drives your interest.
- Are you currently enrolled in or plan to enroll in an FPE program (answering no does not disqualify your candidacy)?
- Are you available Jan 2-4, 2024?
Code Red Consultants offers paid internships and co-ops that integrate classroom knowledge with practical Fire and Life Safety Consulting applications. It is the ideal opportunity to explore multiple services and markets while networking, resume building, and gaining professional feedback from the best in the business. Our program combines consistent learning opportunities through education, discussion, and both on-site and in-office project work.
As an intern/co-op at Code Red Consultants, you will work with and under the guidance of professional engineers and subject matter experts to provide the following services to our clients:
- Conducting on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Writing comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Performing code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Providing performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Developing code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Performing commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conducting fire stop special inspections.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will have completed at least their junior year of undergraduate engineering studies.
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing high pressure, deadline driven situations and dealing with changes.
- Proactive communication, project management and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Enrollment in a baccalaureate Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Architectural, or Industrial Engineering program at an accredited college or university. Enrollment (or considering enrollment) in a Fire Protection Engineering master’s degree program is preferred, but not required.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.
Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.