Code Red Consultants offers paid internships and co-ops that integrate classroom knowledge with practical Fire and Life Safety Consulting applications. It is the ideal opportunity to explore multiple services and markets while networking, resume building, and gaining professional feedback from the best in the business. Our program combines consistent learning opportunities through education, discussion, and both on-site and in-office project work.
As an intern/co-op at Code Red Consultants, you will work with and under the guidance of professional engineers and subject matter experts to provide the following services to our clients:
- Conducting on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Writing comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Performing code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Providing performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Developing code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Performing commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conducting fire stop special inspections.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Will have completed at least their junior year of undergraduate engineering studies.
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing high pressure, deadline driven situations and dealing with changes.
- Proactive communication, project management and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Enrollment in a baccalaureate Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Architectural, or Industrial Engineering program at an accredited college or university. Enrollment (or considering enrollment) in a Fire Protection Engineering master’s degree program is preferred, but not required.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.
Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.