Code Red Consultants is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our growing Mid-Atlantic team. In this role, you will work in collaboration with other talented engineers and project managers to provide professional assistance on complex fire and life safety issues through code consulting, fire protection design, and fire & life safety related special inspection and testing services for designers, builders, developers, owners, and property managers.
Ideal candidates applying for this position should have at least 7 years’ experience in the Fire and Life Safety field and a desire to manage projects, interface with clients, and mentor and train entry level consultants. If you are looking for continued professional development, with an integrated team, focused on driving results, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
What You Will Do:
- Proactively manage assigned tasks/resources while also independently managing some projects.
- Write proposals, develop project scope, and prepare project pricing.
- Effectively manage project budget and phases within a project.
- Perform contract review with assistance from Senior Project Managers, Team Leads or other technical leaders; including bill and invoice review and AR follow up.
- Mentor and train Consultants supporting project work.
- Conduct on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Write comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Perform code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Attend meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Provide performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Develop code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Perform commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conduct fire stop special inspections.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, architectural, or industrial engineering from an accredited college or university. A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is preferred, but not required.
- 7+ years of fire protection and life safety engineering and code consulting experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Prior project management experience.
- Leadership skills, a strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage high pressure, deadline driven situations and deal with changes.
- Proactive communication and time management skills.
- Professional Engineering licensure is preferred.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible/hybrid work schedule.
Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.