Code Red Consultants is seeking an experienced Life Safety Consultant to join our growing Mid-Atlantic team. In this role, you will work in collaboration with other talented engineers and project managers to provide professional assistance on complex safety issues through code consulting, fire protection design, and fire & life safety special inspection and testing services for designers, builders, developers, owners, and property managers.
Ideal candidates applying for this position should have at least 3 years’ experience in the Fire & Life Safety field and a desire to continue their professional development with an integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Write comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Perform code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Attend meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Provide performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Develop code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Perform commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conduct fire stop special inspections.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, architectural, or industrial engineering from an accredited college or university. A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years of fire protection and life safety engineering and code consulting experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Leadership skills, a strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage high pressure, deadline driven situations and deal with changes.
- Proactive communication and time management skills.
- Professional Engineering licensure is not required, but our engineers are expected to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and be on track to achieve it.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible/hybrid work schedule.
Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.