Code Red Consultants is seeking a Life Safety Consultant to join our Mid-Atlantic team. The Consultant role is an opportunity to provide professional assistance on fire and life safety issues through code consulting, fire protection design, and fire & life safety related special inspection and testing services for designers, builders, developers, owners, and property managers.
This entry level position is ideal for recent graduates with a STEM degree, ideally with a focus on Fire Protection engineering.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Write comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Perform code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Attend meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Provide performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Develop code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Perform commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conduct fire stop special inspections.
What You Will Need:
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of managing high pressure, deadline driven situations and dealing with changes.
- Proactive communication, project management and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Architectural, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university. A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineering licensure not required but our engineers are expected to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and be on track to achieve Professional Engineering licensure.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedules.
Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.