Code Red Consultants is seeking a qualified team member with prior experience in construction management, MEP/FP systems, or site inspections with an idealized focus on fire and life safety. In this role, you will play a crucial part in our expanding construction administration business unit. As a key member of our team, you will help ensure compliance with relevant codes and regulations, prioritize the safety of occupants, and facilitate securing timely certificate of occupancy for building projects.
The ideal candidate should have 7+ years of prior experience in construction management, MEP/FP systems, site inspection, code enforcement, and/or engineering. Strong project management skills are a must, along with knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Alarm and/or Fire Protection Systems.
If you want to join a collaborative, team-oriented firm that allows you to touch many projects at the same time, this may be the perfect opportunity for you! This opportunity provides a great mix of field and office time, with an opportunity to solve problems in two and three dimensions.
What You Will Do:
- Work with project development and construction management teams to understand project milestones, delivery schedule, and commissioning plans. Assist in the identification of potential hurdles to achieve said goals based on life safety system readiness and expectations of city officials.
- Attend owner/architect/contractor meetings to help rationalize the appropriateness of building turnover strategies.
- Assist with the negotiations of turnover strategies with city officials.
- Perform witness testing of select fire/life safety systems.
- Work with construction site personnel to both develop and help ensure that the project’s Construction Fire Prevention Program is relevant given changing site conditions and is being followed.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of our project scope of services. Develop and implement recovery strategies to assist with maintaining the project schedule and budget.
- Communicate with project stakeholders including owners, OPMs architects/engineers, contractors, and subcontractors in connection with field issues; includes investigating and resolving such issues.
- Manage the billing and collections process as it relates to work in place and oversee the monthly estimate of work completed, contractual payment obligations, etc.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, safety or a related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7+ years of prior experience in construction management, commissioning, site inspection, code enforcement, and/or engineering At least 5 years of project management experience; previous construction project management experience with a specialization in fire and life safety systems is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of relevant fire and life safety codes, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact at all levels and deal with difficult conversations.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with both internal and external project stakeholders as part of a team.
- Ability to manage high pressure, deadline driven situations.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedule.
Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.