Code Red Consultants is seeking a skilled Fire Protection Engineer – Project Manager to manage projects involving fire protection systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in the design, installation, and maintenance of fire sprinkler, fire suppression and fire alarm systems, in addition to project management skills to ensure timely completion of projects within budget and to the satisfaction of clients. Candidates applying for this position should have at least 3 years of experience and be a licensed Professional Engineer. As a Project Manager at Code Red Consultants, you will work with, and under the guidance of, senior engineers to manage projects independently while assisting other project managers on projects.
- Prepare fire protection system design drawings and specifications involving concept development, retrofit, construction-level, and/or new system installations.
- Determine design criteria for fire protection systems for various design/build projects.
- Design and calculate complete water-based fire protection (i.e. sprinkler, fire pump, and standpipe systems) using hydraulic calculation software.
- Perform drawing reviews at various stages of a project for compliance with applicable codes & standards.
- Review sprinkler system and fire alarm drawings and documentation and provide written comments.
- Perform evaluations of existing buildings’ fire alarm systems to verify functionality and sequence of operations.
- Perform evaluations of existing building’s sprinkler system(s) to verify the existing system design meets the protection requirements per the applicable codes & standards.
- Perform commissioning and inspections of fire protection systems.
- Coordinate with internal and external team members, authorities having jurisdiction and Clients.
- Attend meetings with contractors, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review design strategies and documentation.
- Provide technical expertise to your team and other teams throughout the organization.
POSITION EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience in fire protection engineering, with a focus on fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Architectural, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred, but not required. A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is also preferred, but not required.
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other design software.
- Ability to solve technical and functional problems utilizing critical thinking, thorough research, and open communication.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work to be discussed during the interview process.
- Ability to travel to project sites as needed.