Code Red Consultants is seeking a skilled and experienced Fire Protection Engineer that has a desire to lead a team of fire protection engineers responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining fire protection systems for our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in fire protection engineering, project management, and team leadership.
- Responsible for leadership support & mentorship to a team of fire protection engineers.
- Responsible for resource management and forecasting of company-wide fire protection systems book of work.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to ensure high-quality work and adherence to project schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for developing a culture of continual improvement in terms of project delivery to clients and training supporting staff on key actions to implement.
- Serve as technical resource to others in the office in area(s) of focus with most technical involvement in a peer review capacity.
- Prepare fire protection system design drawings and specifications involving concept development, retrofit, construction-level, and/or new system installations.
- Determine design criteria for fire protection systems for various design/build projects.
- Design and calculate complete water-based fire protection (i.e. sprinkler, fire pump, and standpipe systems) using hydraulic calculation software.
- Perform drawing reviews at various stages of a project for compliance with applicable codes & standards.
- Review sprinkler system and fire alarm drawings and documentation and provide written comments.
- Perform evaluations of existing buildings’ fire alarm systems to verify functionality and sequence of operations.
- Perform evaluations of existing building’s sprinkler system(s) to verify the existing system design meets the protection requirements per the applicable codes & standards.
- Perform commissioning and inspections of fire protection systems.
- Coordinate with internal and external team members, authorities having jurisdiction and Clients.
- Attend meetings with contractors, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review design strategies and documentation.
POSITION EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of experience in fire protection engineering, with a focus on fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) licensure required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Architectural, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred, but not required. A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is also preferred, but not required.
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and other design software.
- Ability to solve technical and functional problems utilizing critical thinking, thorough research, and open communication.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work to be discussed during the interview process.
- Ability to travel to project sites as needed.