The Consultant role is an opportunity to provide professional assistance on fire and life safety issues through code consulting, fire protection design, and fire & life safety related special inspection and testing services for designers, builders, developers, owners, and property managers.
This entry level position is ideal for recent graduates with a STEM degree, ideally with a focus on Fire Protection engineering.
As a consultant at Code Red Consultants, you will work with and under the guidance of professional engineers and subject matter experts to provide the following services to our clients:
- Conducting on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Writing comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Performing code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Attending meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Providing performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Developing code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Performing commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conducting fire stop special inspections.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of managing high pressure, deadline driven situations and dealing with changes.
- Proactive communication, project management and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Architectural, or Industrial Engineering from an accredited college or university. A degree in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineering licensure not required but our engineers are expected to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and be on track to achieve Professional Engineering licensure.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits such as a 401k & profit-sharing plan, health/dental/vision insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedule. Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.