Do you desire to work in a highly collaborative, innovative environment where you can immediately realize your impact on the success of the company? Code Red Consultants is a fire protection consulting firm located in Southborough, MA. We provide the finest code consulting, fire protection design, and fire & life safety related special inspection and testing services for designers, builders, developers, owners, and property managers in the Northeast. Since 2013, our independently owned and operated business continues to look to add qualified, high performing engineers to our thriving team.
Code Red Consultants offers a novel engineering consulting experience; one where we exceed our clients’ expectations over the course of project involvement. We offer practical and innovative solutions to complex code and fire engineering challenges that are communicated to our clients using simple terms with one goal in mind, drive results. As we have grown rapidly from 3 fire protection engineers to 30+ team members, our clients are recognizing that Code Red Consultants has quickly become a preeminent fire protection and life safety consultancy in the Northeast. United by a common purpose, we thrive on close collaboration within our office to deliver the results our clients have come to expect. We offer a tight-knit, team-oriented environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Sample projects include GE World Headquarters, the Wynn Everett Casino, Millennium Tower Boston, and Logan International Airport to name a few.
Our success comes from being an integrated team of professionals that executes work through a client centered approach. If you want to have an immediate impact with clients, learn directly from highly respected Principals, and are willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done right, let us know! Learn more about our firm at https://coderedconsultants.com.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedule. Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
As a Code Red consultant, you will work with and under the guidance of professional engineers to provide the following services to our clients:
- Conducting on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with building, fire, life safety, and accessibility codes.
- Writing comprehensive code reports outlining a building’s fire protection and life safety features and its compliance with applicable codes.
- Performing code reviews of architectural and engineering plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Attending meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Providing performance-based design solutions such as fire modeling, egress modeling, and structural fire resistance analyses.
- Developing code summary, life safety, and egress plans illustrating fire protection and life safety features of buildings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Performing commissioning and inspections of fire protection and life safety systems.
- Conducting fire stop special inspections.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of managing high pressure, deadline driven situations and dealing with changes.
- Proactive communication, project management and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) from an accredited college or university. A degree in FPE is preferred, but not required.
- Professional Engineering licensure not required but our engineers are expected to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and be on track to achieve Professional Engineering licensure
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Examples of client service and team-centered project work.