Do you desire to work in a highly collaborative, innovative environment where you can immediately realize your impact on the success of the company? Code Red Consultants is a fire protection and life safety consulting firm located in Southborough, MA. We provide the finest code consulting, fire protection design, and fire & life safety related special inspection and testing services for designers, builders, developers, owners, and property managers in the Northeast. After 7 years in business, our independently owned and operated firm is looking to add an administrative assistant to our growing team.
Code Red Consultants set out in 2013 to offer a novel engineering consulting experience; one where we exceed our clients’ expectations over the course of project involvement. We offer practical and innovative solutions to complex code and fire engineering challenges that are communicated to our clients using simple terms with one goal in mind, drive results. As we have grown rapidly from 3 fire protection engineers to 34 team members, our clients are recognizing that Code Red Consultants has quickly become a preeminent fire protection and life safety consultancy in the Northeast. United by a common purpose, we thrive on close collaboration within our office to deliver the results our clients have come to expect. We offer a tight-knit, team-oriented environment that promotes personal and professional growth. Sample projects include GE World Headquarters, the Wynn Everett Casino, Millennium Tower Boston, and Logan International Airport to name a few. Learn more about our firm at https://coderedconsultants.com/.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, profit sharing plan, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits, health/dental insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedule. Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.
Code Red Consultants is seeking a full-time administrative assistant to join our dynamic team. Our administrative team plays a vital role in the success of our company and is viewed as an integral part of our project delivery team. This person will collaborate closely with the Principals, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Office Administrator within the company to perform a critical support role as part of our overall company. We are looking for a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual that wants to make an impact on a small, high functioning team. This is a full-time position. The position involves performing the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support to the Principals and COO including meeting coordination, document preparation, report generation, etc.
- Prioritize tasks and be able to consistently multi-task.
- Document production and document management.
- Answer and route emails and calls, as required.
- Perform general administrative duties such as filing, mail/shipping, scheduling, processing expense reports, other miscellaneous tasks.
- Data entry into Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) system and report generation. Assist with Marketing and Business Development administrative tasks to support the business units needs.
- Assist with coordination and preparation for recruiting events, trade shows, seminars/webinars, or other company related events involving staff.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Prior administrative support and/or office manager experience preferred
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Past experience working for an architecture, engineering, or construction firm is preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Bluebeam to create documents, respond to inquiries and create spreadsheets and/or presentations.
- Adobe InDesign or other desktop publishing preferred but not required.
- Team oriented and ability to take direction well and learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills, communication, dependability, and work ethic
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Reliability, honesty and a high standard of integrity is required
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.