Accessibility compliance is a critical topic for most of our commercial projects, including both new and existing buildings. Code Red Consultants strives to assist owners, designers, and end-users for each project to ensure that the built environment is accessible while achieving design concepts and aesthetic visions for the space. Our involvement on a project varies and includes existing building surveys, plan reviews, variance submittals and field verifications of new installations.
As a consultant at Code Red Consultants, you will work with and under the guidance of seasoned staff to provide the following services to our clients:
- Conducting on-site visual inspection of existing buildings for compliance with accessibility requirements.
- Conducting on-site inspections of new construction projects for compliance with accessibility requirements.
- Performing code reviews of architectural plans for compliance with applicable codes include state accessibility regulations, 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, and/or Fair Housing Act Design Manual.
- Attending meetings with clients, owners, and authorities having jurisdiction to review code compliance strategies and solutions.
- Writing comprehensive letter reports outlining survey observations, plan review comments and variance justifications.
- Developing documentation for variances/waivers to state regulations.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Project management experience preferable. Ability to lead projects and coordinate with a team.
- Understanding of the requirements of 2010 ADA Standards, Fair Housing Act and state regulations.
- Multifamily housing project knowledge desirable.
- Leadership, strong work ethic, ability to work independently, self-motivated, and team oriented.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proactive communication and time management skills.
- Interest in working with a small, integrated team focused on driving results and providing valuable services to our clients.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or any STEM or architectural related discipline.
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
- Resume and Relevant Work Samples / Portfolio.
Code Red Consultants offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, discretionary quarterly bonuses, retirement benefits such as a 401k & profit-sharing plan, health/dental/vision insurance, casual work environment, and flexible work schedule. Code Red Consultants is an equal opportunity employer.